About: JT Birdsong
Proficient with 15 years complete diversified Web Development experience
- Thorough knowledge of visual design principles; graphic design and layout. Advanced knowledge of HTML web technologies, web design and graphics. Familiarity with graphic file formats for web and image optimization.
- Knowledge of web standards and cross-browser development.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills and ability to meet timelines.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to take direction, work well independently or in a team environment. Ability to work well with a team of back-end developers.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop/Flash. I have designed all the graphics on Topeka.org, as several t-shirts for Parks and Recreation athletics, and the professional NHRA driver Clay Millican. Also the host of “Pinks All Out” and MTV2’s “Burnout” episodes.
- Transparency award awarded for the City of Topeka web site. Web 2.0 is integrated into my City Government project (as well as other projects) by use of Facebook/Twitter widgets as well as Flickr, and a YouTube Channel.
- jQuery plug-in experience.
- Primary tool: Dreamweaver – although studying Visual Web Developer 2010
- Adobe Flash navigation systems, as well as virtual maps for the City Zoo and Parks and Recreation.
- 360VR Photography
- Work in areas of HTML, CSS, PHP, Ajax (ajax: navigational purposes)
- Am in the process of converting media over to HTML 5, via City of Topeka website (www.topeka.org).
- 8 Years Experience with Intranet/Internet for Government Entities. 15 total years extensive knowledge.